rwarre

Well Known Member
Just received the slow build wing kit for my RV 7a. Have started the wing using posts that go to the ceiling but would like to work on both wings at the same time. Has anyone made wing stand that have a base support and do not go to the ceiling?

Wing Stands

I just had mine fabricated at a local welding shop here in KC. They used 1/8" thick rectangular tubing and I had them weld square 1/4" thick plates with bolt holes on the base. Cost for four was about $80.

Shot them with rattle can conversion primer and a coat of yellow enamel so I don't bonk into them. I'll use aluminum angle for the crosspieces like on Rudi's site.

Just waiting on the wing kit now!

I just made mine out of basically a 4x4 post, with some triangular feet I made out of part of the shipping crate. That supported the tip. I supported the root-end with a 2x4 nailed to a wall, onto which the spar rested. My twist from tip to root was under 1/16", so the wing with the pre-drilled holes do not require a fancy jig to maintain alignment. Now, the feet stick out and I did trip on them a few times, so be sure to clamp down the wing spar at the root end tightly.