burgundyja

Well Known Member
i have the wing tips with the plexi for lights. i cant seam to be able to find the call out for hardware to atach the plexi. i think it is the none counter sunk platenut. but i dont know -6 or -8. and how many per tip. also any tips on countersink in the plexi. any help would be great. also i sanded the edge of the plexi after the cut with the dremile is that good.

I used two non-countersunk #6 nutplates per lens, with the screws countersunk into the plexi. On each lens, there is one screw at the aft top corner and one at the aft bottom corner.

You could use more screws, but if you fit the plexi properly, two screws per lens suffice.

Mine are done just like Kyle's - one screw on the top, and one on the bottom. Still holds and looks great after almost 900 flight hours. My old Grumman had a bunch more screws - I now believe they were superfluous.

Paul

I countersunk using a deburring tool. I used 3 #6 screws top and 3 on the bottom (I work for a company where the strength engineers would never let us designers use less then 4 fastners). I did use a stainless countersunk washer under each of the screws.