W

william weesner

how much wing sweep did you end up with?

Last edited:
william weesner said:
or trim the rear spar and i aint trimming.

Why not? I got lucky on my 9 but the few RV7 wings I've seen installed had to be trimmed. If you have your edge clearence why does it matter that you had to trim a little bit off?

william weesner said:
how much wing sweep did you end up with? with i am at 3/16 now and o incedence and perfectly square. the plans say under 1/2 ok but that seems HUGE to me. i will have to remove a 470 rivet and replace withe pulled c/s rivet to get this, or trim the rear spar and i aint trimming.
You wouldn't be able to notice the effect of 3/16 out on wing sweep, either qualitatively, or via quantitative measurements. No one will be able to see it with the eye ball either.

If this is the biggest flaw in the finished aircraft, it will be an award winner.

You dont have to pull the wings all the way out. I just pulled mine just enough to Dremel the clearance I needed to clear that rivet. Dang William too bad you didn't read this page ahead of time it certainly would have saved you some heartache. I will say one thing, aligning the wings absolutley perfect is by far one of the most important. Take your time, do it right and after you're all done you will be proud you did.

-Jeff

http://www.jeffsrv-7a.com/WINGS/05-11-20.htm

Definetly drill undersize and ream if you can. I used a long drill bit which worked well and the hole was sized perfectly and I did use oil while drilling...

-Jeff

Last edited: