JDBoston

Well Known Member
Can someone who has easy access to their wing spars measure or at least estimate what their bend is on the outboard side of the spar? I noticed that one of mine (upper) appears to be less than 90 degrees and am already in contact with Vans but before I make a big deal about something trivial wanted to have someone else cross check. Are all of yours consistent?

Ken (vans) says spec is around 92.5-93 degrees and just putting a square across the top of one spar yields less than 90 degrees on this one spar in particular. Not sure yet how big a deal or not that is and I would think it is fixable.

Hopefully the semi-blurry photo helps explain.

QUICK UPDATE: Ken mentioned that the reference for the 92.5 degrees here is not what I am measuring potentially. It is the forward face of the flange right at the bend point which is not what I measured. I will go back tonight and do it again. NO need for concern :)

350umh0.jpg

Last edited:
this bend is likely measured from the flat sheet bend. Your bend looks like it went from 3 o'clock (0 deg) to 6 o'clock (90 deg) and then a little more..... It's probably good....