niblettda

Well Known Member
I'm about to close up my wings for good and I'm a bit concerned about the W-905 to W-904 overlap, specifically right by the access cover near the joint. I have quickbuild wings, so beveling the W-904 bottom skin really isn't much of an option because I'm pretty sure I'd hit the spar.

The plans actually don't call for any beveling on these skins (like the top skins do), but my main concern is there are 3 rivets that go into the inboard forward part of the skin. Two go into the W-904 and one just goes directly to the spar, and then there is the access cover.

To me, it seems like a pretty drastic thickness transition with just that one rivet sort of forcing the skin down there. So I'm looking for a little advice as to how others may have dealt with this. Telling me not to worry and just move on is also perfectly acceptable.

Thanks

I don't remember that being something I fretted over. You might consider filing the hard corner off the edge of the skin before riveting the overlapping skin on.

Nor do I recall fretting over anything in this area. Simply followed the plans. Carry on.