Jerry Cochran

Well Known Member
Am in the process of cleaning/polishing RV-8 wings, so wondering if anyone has plans or pix of a simple but sturdy rotisserie for same. Can do it in wing cradle, but not so handy.

Thanks all,

Thanks Mike,

Much appreciated,

But Randy's method would not work for polishing, too unstable. I need some method that holds the wing in place while letting it rotate if need be, like a fuse rotisserie.

PVC and saw horses worked for me.
RV-7build698.jpg

Jerry, try laying the wing onto well padded saw horses with soft cloth on top. If your wet sanding with 1500/2000 grit and then compounding and swrile buffing you should not mess up any under side paint. This assumes you allow time for the paint to cure properly. I did my 8 wings this way and had no problems. Bill

Thanx everyone, that's why we love VAF!! I posted this am and had the answer before noon...

Brian,that's the simple but sturdy method I was looking for and just happen to have the saw horses, now a trip to AV Dep't at HD...

added benefit

I used a combination of these methods - Randy end plates suspended by chain and pipe in lightening holes. The added benefit for the suspended method is that the floor is clear underneath to pass airhoses by when you cross from one side to the other. Great minds think alike!