[email protected]

I'm New Here
Hi Guys,

The wing root rubber channel supplied by Vans is black. I would prefer to have white. I contacted Northwest Rubber Extruders, Inc. suppliers to Vans and the below is the response from Tom. Hence I logged onto Vansairforce as Tom suggested.

In simple terms we could have white but only if sufficient RV owners are of the same mind.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'N CAMPBELL'
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:59 AM
Subject: RE: Black Wing Root Rubber supplied with Vans Kits - Is it produced in other colours

Nigel: Not to totally encourage you, but I understand there is a Van?s web site/blog where builders as your self can post info and questions to the world. If there are enough of you out there wanting another color (it would need to be the same color) if could help defray the minimums. You could get by, get what you want, while being a mere quarter-of-a-zillionaire.

Good luck.

Fair skies,

tom

Tom English

Sales Manager

Northwest Rubber Extruders, Inc.

Ph. 503-643-6878 Fax 503-641-3787

Please visit our web site @ www.nwreinc.com

I'm in

I think white would look great on my airplane.
Any other interest out there?
With probably 50% or more airplanes having a white base, I think this would make great sense.

Me too

I'm interested, yes, I would chip in for white.

The vendor response is a concern though "if you can find enough guys, you could do it while only being a quarter-millionaire" as if to say, even with a lot of buyers, it would still cost lots....

But what the heck, its about 20 ft per aiplane. If 100 guys are interested, that's 2000 ft. We should ask what the min. production run is....

Go the White

I'd be in as well, I think white would be a good choice, if some guys what the black I'm sure there is enough stock out there to keep them happy.

It would be good to see VANS stocking the two colours.

How long....

...before it turns yellow or some other color from dirt, oxidation UV, etc.?

LarryT

Good point. It could start looking pretty awful and become a replacement item for cosmetic reasons. Worth a try, though. I'll save the black.
That might be a good argument for buying enough to do two sets of fairings... If this is a one-time order, that might be a good thing to do anyway. Maybe even three sets.

If my plane was white, i'd want some. Do they make a polished chrome version? :)