RyanM

Well Known Member
Hello!

I'm getting back ready to put my on the top skins on the wings. I noticed that I managed to dimple all the holes on the inboard most ribs. The plans call out to leave a particular set of holes open for attaching the wing root faring. My question is: What should I do about the holes i dimpled on the ribs. Should I flatten out the ones that will be left open?

I didn't dimple the skins or the wing walk doubler.

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm getting back ready to put my on the top skins on the wings. I noticed that I managed to dimple all the holes on the inboard most ribs. The plans call out to leave a particular set of holes open for attaching the wing root faring. My question is: What should I do about the holes i dimpled on the ribs. Should I flatten out the ones that will be left open?

I didn't dimple the skins or the wing walk doubler.

These holes will end up with nutplates & eventually drilled to a larger size. Just leave them for the moment.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

These holes will end up with nutplates & eventually drilled to a larger size. Just leave them for the moment.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Glad to hear that, I pulled the same bone-head stunt. I just left it alone at the time and figured I would deal with it when I got to that point. Now I know how to deal with it!