woodsideraff

Well Known Member
Does anyone know the manufacturer and part number for the blue wing root connectors used?

I have installed the wrong sex on the right wing and now have to remove the pins and swap the wing and fuselage connectors. I'm hoping the manufacturer has a tool for removing the pins.

Thanks and regards,

Rafael

I have seen some other posts about some struggles removing those pins, but doable.

I received an extraction tool with the stuff included in my Skyview kit. It said it was for the bigger pins and I figured it was for the blue plugs. I didn't have to use it thank goodness.

However, I am still wonder about the tool for turning the adjustments on the side of the 50000A control box.

Rafael,

I'm not building a 12, but if you post a picture, I (and others) might be able to help.

Cut a couple of slivers of thin aluminum and you can get those pins out pretty easily. No special tool needed.

I am thinking that every customer gets a wing root conector pin extractor tool in their kit, but if I am wrong, Van's has them available (for way less than $60)

Call or e-mail Van's, and ask.

Last edited:
Got the pins out. Easy!

I followed Bill_H' advise and made two tools from spare AL from skin. Pushed one on each side and the pin came out easily!

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Rafael

RV8A Flying
RV12 in the final stages

Can anyone explain the function of the silver spacers in the attach holes on the female part of these wing wire connectors? I've attached the fuse side connectors to their respective brackets. The male one on the right side of the fuse sits snugly against its bracket, but the female one sits at an angle because the spacer holds it off the surface of the bracket. Anyone else notice this? Does it matter?

The silver spacer allows the connector to have a small amount of movement so that the 2 halves will self-align.

The shouldered metal ferrules allow quite a bit of movement, which is why Vans refers to them as "floating."

Bob Bogash
N737G

The shouldered metal ferrules allow quite a bit of movement, which is why Vans refers to them as "floating."

Bob Bogash
N737G