I take them off once a year and trailer it home for it's inspection. I like the feature very much.

I've been flying mine 18 months and only had them off at the annual to do the landing gear mod. I probably won't take them off this annual.

RV12 Wing removal

We have a 60X60 Hangar with 5 aircraft housed in it.
182, RV6, CH601, CH650 and Brenda's RV12.
When we need some extra space Brenda and I
will remove the wings and place in a cradle.
No problems removing or reinstalling.

RV 12 Wing removal

Yeah its true. Brenda and Al have their hanger full. I stopped by to visit in the spring to see the RV 12. They had the wings off. Its a real, real nice 12.
They pushed it out onto the ramp, then proceeded to install the wings. They have a dolly made up to transport the wings into position and a very coodinated routine to installing and removing the wings. They hardly speek while doing it. Just a hand signal or two. Thanks again Al and Brenda. Al Benker

a dolly picture please...

Yeah its true. Brenda and Al have their hanger full. I stopped by to visit in the spring to see the RV 12. They had the wings off. Its a real, real nice 12.
They pushed it out onto the ramp, then proceeded to install the wings. They have a dolly made up to transport the wings into position and a very coodinated routine to installing and removing the wings. They hardly speek while doing it. Just a hand signal or two. Thanks again Al and Brenda. Al Benker

Hey, this sounds good. Do you have a picture of their dolly?

Wings off

I have a -6A and a -12 in a T Hangar so wings off the 12 for them to both fit.
Just find some one hanging around to help with the on and off.
Not a problem.

RV12 Wings

We do not have a special wing cradle, just the standard one to hold the wings on the leading edge for strorage and movement.