yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Installed the sensors for the wing latch pins and tested them today-- no light! After experimenting, I found that I could get the light to come on if the sensor was moved at least 1/8 in --or more-- DOWN the pin. There's no way to do that. Will shortening the pin sleve as Van's suggest solve this problem? Another alternative would seem to be cutting the slot in the sleve higher to allow the pin to slide up further.

Any suggestions from those past this point?

THANKS

Wayne 120241

Tough one

You kinda have to do what it takes, more or less. If you cut down the tubes a little more maybe, or move the reed switches a little closer. Just get them to work the best you can is what most of us have done. Hate to say that, but you can spend hours trying to get them to work as instructed. Do you have the latest bracket they sent out to move the tube closer to the switch ?

John Bender

The plans worked for me...

I followed the plans exactly, cutting 1/32 off the sleeve length each time until the magnetic switch made contact. Took several tries, then success.
Tony

If I remember correctly, I trimmed as the instructions allowed, and experimented with various mounting positions until I got reliable results. I used an ohmeter and did the switches one at a time. No need to fool around with batteries and lights.

Joe's photo

Thanks guys

I found Joe's photo and my pin doesn't stick up through the latch plate nearly as far-- the bottom of the conical section is at the bottom of the plate so the cylindtical section doesn't actually go through the plate. Anyone else have this problem? It's also closer to the armrest. Looks like enlarging the slots in 1207 sleeve to let the pin move further up may help some-- also I'll try opening up the hole in the armerest.

Wayne

maybe all switches are not created equal ...

After moving, drilling and shaving the appropriate right wing apparatus (left wing worked after much adjusting), I ordered a new reed swich, new pin stopper with internal magnet and re-epoxied a new pin stopper being careful to make sure the internal magnet was seated fully into the pin stopper. ... After it hardened, I put in the new switch, pin stopper and magnet and it worked fine. Who would have thunk?

That's is why I titled this post ... maybe all switches are not created equal ... but maybe my magnet wasn't fully into the first pin stopper I built ... don't know for sure ... don't care ... new stuff fixed my problem. :)

Pic of my pin...

Thanks guys

I found Joe's photo and my pin doesn't stick up through the latch plate nearly as far-- the bottom of the conical section is at the bottom of the plate so the cylindtical section doesn't actually go through the plate. Anyone else have this problem? It's also closer to the armrest. Looks like enlarging the slots in 1207 sleeve to let the pin move further up may help some-- also I'll try opening up the hole in the armerest.

Wayne

Mine looks just like big-john's. The cylindrical section does not go thru the plate.
638819922_p4qV7-M.jpg

Tony