bkthomps

Well Known Member
I did a search, so don't beat me up!

What fuel components other than the fuel caps are included in the wing kit? I see people ordering tubing and fittings, am I missing something? I added proseal and the deluxe caps- good suggestions

The kit has:

Tube and fitting for the pickup and vent
Nutplate and screws for the access cover
fuels senders
snap-in grommet for the internal ribs where the vent passes through
fuel caps

I think that is about it, not including all the parts to just make the tank itself.

Fuel Senders?

Actually I think the fuel senders are options and have to be selected separately on the order form (at least that 's how it is on the RV-10). Also the drain hardware is included.

should be complete

My RV-9 wing kit came with everything needed to build the standard tanks with float senders. I added only proseal and the tank test kit to the order. I also opt'ed for the deluxe locking caps (well worth it).
Additional fittings/spacers would be needed if you are adding return lines (depending on your FI requirements). I did end up needing additional rivets for the z-brackets - these are the closed end rivets (can't remember the number off hand). Van's gives exactly the minimum number needed.

For a 7, everything is included for a basic setup except for senders. On the order form, you can opt for float or capacitive senders. If you system will require a fuel return line, you'll need to order extra parts for that as well.

I did a search, so don't beat me up!

What fuel components other than the fuel caps are included in the wing kit? I see people ordering tubing and fittings, am I missing something? I added proseal and the deluxe caps- good suggestions

Well, the Wing Kit should have all of the components needed to make the fuel tanks (rivets, tubing, skins, ribs, grommets, fittings, and other such things).

In my case, I opted for the Capacitance Plates and two Flop Tubes as opposed to the Float Senders, so the Capacitance Plate kit and both Flop Tubes were included as well.

However, you will also need Pro-Seal (or some sort of fuel tank sealant) for sealing up the tank, a Flare Tool for working with the fuel tank fittings, and a soldering iron for doing the wiring work. Most likely you will have to buy some fuel tank sealant since it has a limited shelf-life, but you may be able to borrow a flaring tool and/or soldering tool from another builder if you do not want to purchase one of your own.

I hope that I am answering your question.

thanks for the input guys, very helpful!

I guess now I need to research what necessitates a fuel return line

thanks for the input guys, very helpful!

I guess now I need to research what necessitates a fuel return line

You are most welcome!

However, I am not familiar with that term "fuel return line". But then again, since I am still working on the Wings, maybe another poster will have a better knowledge about this item.

In any event, if you are talking about the "fuel supply hose" which starts at the fuel tanks and runs to the engine, well that item is considered part of the engine and as such the fuel supply hose is included with the "Firewall Forward Installation Kit". But this item can be purchased seperately from Vans if you would like to have it sooner rather than later.

fuel return lines are common in fuel injected configurations, I need to research whether or not it is related to what pump i choose, what engine i choose, or what the deciding factors are. It's diff than the supply side