johnp

Well Known Member
within the last week or so, i mated the aft and center fuse sections, including the longerons. i did it "right side up", ala the orndorff dvd, and at first i nearly choked -- my longerons "appeared" to be over an inch too short. turned out all i needed to do was raise the tail some, and they're o.k.

but that got me to thinkin'. longerons aren't that expensive (under $16 each), but the shipping of the 15 foot crate is pretty tall. while i was under the impression that i had screwed up (again), i was wishing that i had ordered a coupla extra longerons when i ordered my wing kit. if you don't need them, that's about 30 feet of angle that you can probably find good use for, but if you do need them, then you'd save a bundle on shipping. so, i thought, "gee, i wish i had thought about that before ordering my wing kit", but why would you? you don't know it might be a good idea until it's too late. so i thought i'd pass this along to any newby as something to think about. even though i ended up not needing them, i still wish i had done it -- like i said, extra angle is always useful.

fwiw,