Kyleag04

I've done a ton of research through the forums and I think I have a pretty good idea of what equipment I'm going to put in the wings and how the wires should be routed, but I wanted to run it by everyone to see if you had any concerns about what I'm doing:

Equipment:

For lighting, I plan on having one HID landing light from duckworks in the leading edge of the left wing plus put one halogen light in each wing tip to act as taxi lights (tip lights will also be wig-waggable for recognition). I will also have strobes (from strobesnmore.com) and LED nav lights in the tips.

In the left wing I will have the Dynon pitot probe and in the right wing I will have the mount for the dynon autopilot servo. I will also leave room for a nav antenna in one of the wingtips for possible addition in the future.

Any other equipment I'm not thinking about?

Wiring:

The main wing ribs came with three pre-punched holes in the forward end, right behind the main spar. I will fill the top hole on both wings with the power cable for the strobes through snap bushings or grommets. On the left wing, I will fill the other two holes with the AOA and Pitot lines (from SafeAir1).

I will also run van's black conduit through the wing at the location shown by the .750 diameter hole per van's: http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/Wing_Wiring.pdf

Will this get the main wiring bundle far enough away from the possibly noisy strobe wires?

Any other thoughts? Any feedback would be appreciated.

....... I have a pretty good idea of what equipment I'm going to put in the wings and how the wires should be routed. Any other equipment I'm not thinking about?....
Kyle,

For planning purposes you might note that some builders install an OAT probe in or near a wingtip...arguably about the best location for maximum efficiency.

Being unfamiliar with your strobe equipment, I cannot comment about its potential to produce noisy strobe wires. I can comment that I have a Whelen strobe powerpack bolted to each outboard wing rib and its (factory shielded) strobe cable is included with all other wiring runs inside each conduit. This arrangement includes a VOR antenna fitted to one wingtip and a marker beacon antenna fitted to the other. I routinely use the strobes on all flights and no noise has ever been perceived nor have other interference issues been detected.