Dave
I used the wing box that the parts came in for a wing cradle. I reinforced the corners and added swivel casters, made end boards with the contour of the wing at one end and a flat board to accept the spar for the other end If you visit
www.EAA chapter 185 .net/projects
and look under Peter Marshall. There are many photos in there and you will see the wing cradle in question as well as many other pixs.

Good Luck
Peter
RV-9A Flying

Wing cradle details

dmaib said:
Does anybody have plans for rolling wing cradles? My RV-10 QB arrives in a few weeks and I would like to build them soon.Thanks
David Maib[email protected]
Dave,

If you are a member of the EAA, you can access the Tony Bingelis plans for a wing cradle published in the Dec 87 edition of Sport Aviation. Photographs and information illustrating my example can be found on this thread.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=41493#post41493

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

What about the tail?

The Bingelis wing stand is certainly an easy and reasonable item. I have seen many in good use.

If you choose to build one with wooden "slots" for the airfoil shape as per Van's instructions, the wings are held fairly rigidly and vertical. That by itself is of no consequence over the Bingelis unit but it does give the opportunity to jury rig another smaller set of slots to hold the horizontal stab in between the wings. I know many builders store tail components on the ceiling or wall. Well, that was not for me simply because my ceilings and walls are already well populated with STUFF.

I imagine a little forethought could allow the Bingelis design to hold the tail parts too, if desired.

Here's a pic of my stand