rjtjrt

Well Known Member
Hope this hasn`t been covered.
Does the kit allow for conduit to be installed in wing? If so is it provided?
What sort of conduit and where does it go from to.
I guess there is none due to wing removal allowance.

John Russell

wing conduit

why do you want conduit in the wing? some say to put a string in the wing, to later install lights. The pito tube goes out the front of the rotax at the center of the propeller,due to the removable wings, normal positioning under the wing not really possible.

John,

Call Van's. It is my understanding that you need to build it exactly per the plans, with no deviations, to license it as an E-LSA.

Hope this hasn`t been covered.
Does the kit allow for conduit to be installed in wing? If so is it provided?
What sort of conduit and where does it go from to.
I guess there is none due to wing removal allowance.

John Russell

The plans call for a string to be installed in the fairleads in the wing. There would be no need for fairleads or a string unless there was a plan for wiring something like landing or nav/strobe lights.

The plans call for a string to be installed in the fairleads in the wing. There would be no need for fairleads or a string unless there was a plan for wiring something like landing or nav/strobe lights.

The instructions suggest using string or fishing line. I tried running some strobe wire down the fairleads and the openings are too small for this wire. Two strands of 16 gauge aircraft wire passes just fine. I ended up removing the wire and leaving 40# test fishing line with a large loop on each end.

Jeff

Last edited: