tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
Stupid question that I'm certain I know the answer to (but want to verify before I make an expensive mistake)....

The long sections (15') of aluminum angle that come with the slow-build wings are not used on the QB fuse, correct? I assume those sections were for the fuselage longerons. I went slow-build wings and QB fuse, so I assume I am free to cut those up?

Thanks,
Scott
7A Fuse

Longeron?

I also did slow build wings and now working on the QB fuselage. I do not remember getting the aluminum angle with my wing kit but there was a few notes put in with them that they should not be cut because it was a longeron for the fuselage and fit better with the long box they send for the wing kit. When my QB fuselage came it had a few long aluminum angle pieces that are used for other things such as the seat backs. Mabe they did not check when sending your wing kit that you were building a QB fuselage. Did they hold your center section? If not they may be assuming your going slow build fuselage. Probably best to call them to double check.

Mike R.

The 15 foot x .125 angle packed with the wing kit are the fuse longerons. There are also 2 .063 x 12? footers included in the wing kit for general purpose use.
Steve

Steve said:
The 15 foot x .125 angle packed with the wing kit are the fuse longerons. There are also 2 .063 x 12? footers included in the wing kit for general purpose use.
Steve

I got all the way through my wings and never used the 2 smaller 12 footers (though I thought mine were .125 like the longerons--just shorter). I assume the shorter ones are OK to use for general fuselage parts then? I haven't wanted to cut into them in case they were like secondary longerons or something.

Steve
Bending longerons this week.

there are no secondary longerons :) you're correct, two extra 125 angles (9ft 10 in), and two 063 angles (12 ft) came in the wing kit but are used for fuselage (general stuff like seat backs etc..)

if you got QB fuse, and got longeron stock with wings, then you have a lot of extra angle :)

Funny thing is, when you order QB wings and fuse you find out along the way you need about an additional 15' of the .063 3/4 x 3/4 that is missing for various things like instrument panel and a few things you inevitably cut/drill wrong. And it's nice to have to fabbing things like mounts and reinforcements most of us add on our own R&D.

-Jeff