Raymo

Well Known Member
It took two tubes of SikaFlex 295 to complete the canopy and I am preparing for the windshield.

How many tubes have folks used for theirs?

I bought two, one for the windshield, and one to fasten the fairing. I did the FG layup on the plane with packing tape, then removed to finish.

Even so i think that one will be plenty enough, i would buy two anyways.

Just imagine you are running out of it, for whatever reason, when you are 2 inches short of the end!

I think, compared to the total amount of work, effort, skill, sweat, thoughts, time and all the other things, the price for a second sika cartdridge is to be neglectable.

The answer to your question, therefore, is two!!

Sika

Ray: I have 2 tubes of Black 295 UV with Aug/16 expiration date. Purchased March/16. I won't get to my windshield by then so will sell for 75% of Jamestown's price. I have to airline to SAV Sunday morning so could bring with me.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Ray: I have 2 tubes of Black 295 UV with Aug/16 expiration date. Purchased March/16. I won't get to my windshield by then so will sell for 75% of Jamestown's price. I have to airline to SAV Sunday morning so could bring with me.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Thanks for all the feedback. After posting, I decided to order 2 tubes and, if one is left unopened, it could go to one of two other RVs being built on the field (one is Tom of TSFlightLines).

Don,

I might be able to cancel my order and take you up on your offer but would need to know when you are arriving/leaving as I have to attend a wedding that day.