BillSchlatterer

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Been saving these pictures for a while until I got ready to seal the windshield and canopy. Now, I'm trying to find out for sure what the sealant on this airplane is. Not sure who it belongs to but it really looks nice.

I "think" the black sealant in the picture is 3M Black Urethane Windshield Sealant but would like to make sure that is the right product. Should be able to just tape it off, apply the sealant and smooth it off, let set up and pull the tapes. At least that is what I'm thinking :rolleyes:

Sure would appreciate any help with the product ID or similar product that someone else might have used. I suppose it would be pretty easy to use ProSeal with a little extra hardener and some black pigment but using the right stuff might be better ??

All thoughts appreciated!

Bill S

Bill,
I purchased the "right stuff" and I was not all that happy with it. It was made by the same people that make Proseal. In fact, it is a Proseal product, the part no. was very similar. This stuff, specifically marketed as a windshield and canopy sealant is black, but was a lot thicker and more difficult to apply than traditional Proseal. It went on a bit grainy. If I were to do it again, I would stick with the Proseal. I can try to find you they part no.when I get home in a few days if you are still interested.

Jerry
RV-8 N84JE