alexw

I have a gap between the front skin and the windshield on the sides that is large enough to put my fingers through. I have the windshield screwed onto the roll bar. Reading some previous posts, guys have used foam to fill the gap and some have used clips to pull in the windshield. Has anyone successfully heated the area with a heat gun and reformed the plexiglass to fit better to the skin?

Any recommendations to the best fix?

My initial response would have been to verify that the windscreen was trimmed in the appropriate areas to allow it to rest all the way around the top skin and the roll bar. But, since you already drilled the windsreen any additional trimming would yield minimal results. If the gap can be eliminated with only a slight bit of pressure then I'd pull it in and use the clip method you mentioned to hold it in place....my guess is that will be all that's required.

On the heat gun.....I wouldn't put a heat gun anywhere near my canopy, windscreen or wingtip lenses :eek:....but that's just me :). Take a piece of the canopy that you trimmed off and lay the heat gun on it enough to reform the piece and you'll see what I mean. You'll get it to move but it 'usually' will get a little 'smokey' or will 'haze'.....I wouldn't chance it.

I have a gap between the front skin and the windshield on the sides that is large enough to put my fingers through. I have the windshield screwed onto the roll bar. Reading some previous posts, guys have used foam to fill the gap and some have used clips to pull in the windshield. Has anyone successfully heated the area with a heat gun and reformed the plexiglass to fit better to the skin?

Any recommendations to the best fix?

Same problem

I had/have the exact same problem and used a heat gun without any problems. I used a piece of wood to block the heat from going beyond just the inch or two back from the edge I wanted to bend. I also made sure to only bend those parts of the windshield that will be glassed over. Heated it for about 30 seconds at a time and slowly moved it into place. It takes a while and becomes a bit of an exercise in patience but I think mine came out fine without any internal stress risers that will crack later.