PCHunt

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I have an RV-6A that I purchased. Considering converting it to a tail-dragger configuration.

Will an engine mount from a -7 work? Part number is WD-762-D1.

I have seen comments about an O-320 mount vs. an O-360 mount, but not clear on the differences. If I convert the plane, I will likely change from O-320 FP to O-360 CS.

And lastly, I have the older "long cowl" that uses a 4-inch extension for a FP prop. Assume I will not be able to keep it if I switch to CS prop??

Thanks!

engine mount

I fitted a RV6A engine mount to my 7A, no problems at all . Not sure about the rest.

Mick

Will an engine mount from a -7 work? Part number is WD-762-D1.
Yes

I have seen comments about an O-320 mount vs. an O-360 mount, but not clear on the differences. If I convert the plane, I will likely change from O-320 FP to O-360 CS.
The mounts are the same

And lastly, I have the older "long cowl" that uses a 4-inch extension for a FP prop. Assume I will not be able to keep it if I switch to CS prop??
Depends what kind of CS prop you get. There are 'long hub' CS props that will fit the old long cowls, but they are not aerobatic. If you buy a short hub CS prop then you will also need a new cowl (with a different scoop if you change from 320 to 360).

Pete