PetrNekolny

I'm New Here
Hello to every one on this forum.
This is my first post here and my english is not perfect.

My buddy told me about the Vans planes more than one year ago.
At that time I've found this forum and I've started to make my mind for 8.
I've already purchased previewplans for 8.

And because here in Czech rep is no one building/flying any model from RV and I'm going soon for 3 weeks to Detroit area, MI, if there will be a chance, I'd like to visit any one from you living there to see 8' either in building state or finish one flying to get in touch with real parts/plane and to discuss about the joy to build one.
Of course I'll be happy to give my hands in help ;).

Petr Nekolny

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to every one on this forum.
This is my first post here and my english is not perfect.

My buddy told me about the Vans planes more than one year ago.
At that time I've found this forum and I've started to make my mind for 8.
I've already purchased previewplans for 8.

And because here in Czech rep is no one building/flying any model from RV and I'm going soon for 3 weeks to Detroit area, MI, if there will be a chance, I'd like to visit any one from you living there to see 8' either in building state or finish one flying to get in touch with real parts/plane and to discuss about the joy to build one.
Of course I'll be happy to give my hands in help ;).

Petr Nekolny

Petr ,

There are quite a few RV-8s within a couple hour drive of Detroit. The Ohio Valley RVators usually meet every weekend. RVs from Ohio, Michigan, PA, and Indiana are in attendance.

You can check out their activities at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OhioValleyRVators/

Their online db might show you folks in the metro Detroit area.

Bob

Hi Mike, thank you for welcome, it will be/is a pleasure to be on board of VAF ship:)

Hi Thilo, thank you for your invitation. It will be really pleasure for me to visit you and to learn learn how how the people build 8 in Europe I'm just not sure I'll have time this year to visit you.
I'd like to learn ho it is with flying across states borders around Europe?

Hello Bob thank you very much for this advice. It will be just perfect for me. I'll have two free weekends so I have no problem to drive to Ohio.

I'm sure that you've seen Brent Owens RV-8 (panhandlerxxxx) photos of "Contary Mary" on VAF. It's in Columbus which is about a three hour drive. It's one of the nicest RV-8s I've seen

I know your looking for an 8, but at Plymouth-Canton Airport (1D2), just West of Detroit by 20 minutes, there is a 7 and a 10 being built that I could get you into see.

Jim

Welcome!

Welcome Petr! I too decided on an RV-8 very recently. You picked a great airplane...from what I have heard :D Not that we are neighbors or anything, but I am amazed at how this website can bring people together from all over the world. My grandfather was Slovenian, and came over to America when he was 13, by himself. But that's another story... Glad you are here, hope you get to see an -8 during your visit to Detroit! Let us know what you think.
Jim

Welcome Petr!

Welcome to VAF forum Petr! There is no doubt that you will receive many more replies.....best wishes on your endeavor!!!

Welcome Petr! I too decided on an RV-8 very recently. You picked a great airplane...from what I have heard :D Not that we are neighbors or anything, but I am amazed at how this website can bring people together from all over the world. My grandfather was Slovenian, and came over to America when he was 13, by himself. But that's another story... Glad you are here, hope you get to see an -8 during your visit to Detroit! Let us know what you think.
Jim

Hello Jim,
Thank you for welcome.
Yes I like the look of 8' most, but I'm still on begining of this adventure.
Sure I'll let you know my personal feeling from visit of persons who has 8 or build 7 and 10. I've already got contact to visit them.

For me it is still long way and not depending just on myself or my family but also on goverment regulation in Czech. What could be most tricky point on my way to build and fly 8.
Petr

Last edited: