waveflyer

I would like to put LED wig wag / landing lights lights on an RV7A. The aircraft is already fitted with a VPX unit which supports WW.I am considering putting them inside of the bottom engine cowl and wondered if there is a kit available or if any body had any advice. Seems to me that it would be an easier option than trying to get wires out to the wing tips.

True. The Civil Air Patrol at our airport has a pair of lights in the cowl of a C-182 on wig-wag and it is useless.

However if both cowl lights flashed together (or a single light) it would be quite effective.

A wig-wig option...:)

FlyLeds.com You'll still have to go to the wings however and use their controller board. For the price thought, it was a no-brainer for me.

Running wires to the wings is easy, and you'll probably need to to it for position lights anyway. Modifying a cowling is significantly more work. Landing lights in the cowling are a pain. I had a share in a Pa32R for a while. I was about 50/50 for remembering to hook the lights up when installing the cowling each time.

Of course if you really want lights in the cowl and its worth the extra work to you--Cool! Go for it!

G

I was about 50/50 for remembering to hook the lights up when installing the cowling each time.
G

Been there done that. DOH!
Had an Old Salt tell me once, "if you say you've never forgotten to replace the drain plug in your runabout, you're a liar!"