Status
Not open for further replies.

delusional

Well Known Member
I'm building a 9 and plan on some o-320 variant in the 150 hp range, roughly.

I also happen to have two sensenich props off of a widgeon. They were removed along with the 200hp Ranger engines when it was converted to Lycoming power back in the day. I don't have the logs for the props though I can document the history by other sources.

The hubs are splined and look real big for a o-320 and I bet the pitch is too low since the widgeon is not that fast.

So I really doubt there is any straighforward way to bolt one of these onto a RV-9, but the question is more this; Is there a shop that could use the materials (birch, I think, and stainless l.e.?) to make a prop for my airplane? I understand this may not be the most economical method, but I have some sentimental attachment to the props.

Richard,

It is probably best to hang them on the wall rather than try to modify them for your -9.

I suspect the weight of the thing may be too much for your -9 but don't know for sure. Try putting the thing on a scale to get an idea of what the total weight is before you modify it.

now hanging in a place of honor

in the garage, right where I can see them every time I park the car. They aren't as heavy as one might think, though the hubs are quite massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.