Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
Yesterday while entering the runup area at a local airport I saw this airplane just starting to take the runway for takeoff. Keying the mike I said "Chuck?" The RV-4 swung around and pulled in next to me in the run up area and we both sat there grinning that village idiot grin that some of us refer to as the RV grin. This airplane I was sitting next to was eleven, maybe even twelve years in the making. He had done everything himself, even the paint. It was a true example of finishing what you start and letting nothing stand in your way.

We decided to fly over to the coast together and off we went. Once in the air he showed me what an RV-4 with 200+ hp can do. I set my 9A up at 25sq. just to try to make a good show during the waxing that was coming my way. Over the radio I heard, "Coming by on your right" and he literally went by like my airplane was dragging an anchor. The speed difference was like when my plane overtakes a C150, only reversed. Once past he stood it on the right wing and did a 360 which seemed pretty aggressive and equally neat. Before I could stop laughing he said "Coming up on your right" and this time just after passing me he did a pull up that he later told me registered 4G's on his G Meter. As he was going by on this run I could see the smile overtaking him and I just had to laugh again. Is this what it is all about or what?

For anybody wondering his is running a Sensinich 72" pitched at 86 and says it hits redline prior to full throttle so it will probably be repitched to 87. WOW!

Congradutions Chuck you have certainly earned all of the good times to come.

Blue Skies,
Bryan 9A "Flyin The Flag"

I can't wait

Awesome story!

Continually hearing the fun that can be had in an RV keeps me pounding rivets!