BGordon

Well Known Member
I am about ready to mount my tank and was wondering why the instructions say to install every other screw and only half the bolts in the Z brackets. I read ahead and can't figure why, and when the rest of the screws/bolts go in. Any ideas? would it be all right that if it tests airtight I just go ahead and mount it permanently?
thank you,
Brandon

This is classic vans
"we like to p*ss the builder off, by making them do the same thing a minimum of two times"
Mounting the Horizontal Stabilizer was a total cluster. Then only to crescendo, in the instructions saying "now remove the horizontal for storage WTF!

Seriously though I have no clue why it would be necessary to remove . . Some one have a real answer?

Seriously though I have no clue why it would be necessary to remove . . Some one have a real answer?

It will be very likely to get hangar rash. Also, after the HS is mounted there is still a lot more to do. I'm sure I saved many times the time required to remove the HS in just the shorter walk around the back of the plane. :D

Less work

My guess is they only have you put in the bolts for alignment to drill. You will have to pull the z channel brackets off to deburr.