vonjet

Well Known Member
I bought the single channel dimmer from www.pilotlights.net and installed it to control my rockerswitches and radios. Very simple connections but it doesn't do anything. I know power from the lights is going to it because If i unhook the wire from the dimmer the lights on the rockers go out. The lights are on full all the time even if the dimmer is in the off detent position.
The dimmer shares a common ground and that is the only thing I can think that might be the problem. Maybe they need their own ground wires but I cant imagine this being the case.
Anyone have any exeperience with these dimmers?

I don't have any info on the dimmer, but I'd look at the solder joints on the legs of the potentiometer first. After that, I'd suspect the transistor in the switcher chip is shorted. Did ya happen to hook it up backwards at any point?

Ground should be OK

If the ground wasn't working you wouldn't have any lights. Seems it's either mis-wired or the unit is defective. Not familiar with this particular unit, but it can be easy enough to hook up to the wrong wire or connector.