That reminds me...

...of the guy across the ramp from me. He builds/rebuilds LSA's and ultralights and takes them for test hops and trades and horse trades and sells, all the time having fun, flying on the cheap...say $7,000 for an airplane:eek:....and I sometimes wonder...."Does he have it figured out, or do I?"

Nah, we both have it right. Fast cross-countries in my -10 suit me to a tee....his lack of medical/license requirements also get him in the air for just about as long as he likes...ten minutes at a time.

To each his own.....aviation is as expensive/cheap, as you make it.

Best,

Why is aviation so darn expensive?

Because ALL ADDICTIONS are expensive. This one called the "Flying Bug" is no different.

Hello, my name is Carlos and I'm an aviation addict. My addiction started while riding on the window sill of my dads cropdusting Pawnee in Honduras jumping field to field. :D

Last edited:
additional costs that sneak up on ya!

...not only is avgas more expensive in the UK than Chardonnay,
they have to throw away those perfectly good parts that come in Van's kits, and install bonnets, windscreens, airscrews and spats! :)

Big Fan

Sandy,
Dropped by the Agape flight/MAF booth a couple times during sun n fun. (pre storm) ;-) Said hello to a few of the fellas, and tried to shake Smokeys hand, but never managed to cross paths with him. Some other time a reckon... ;-)
My pal Steve Koch flies for Agape, and I kinda think I might also when I get nearer retirement.
Anyway, I'm a fan of your work ;-)

All the best,

Dennis