Bugsy

Well Known Member
I always thought building would be the nessesary evil towards the real goal of owning an outstanding aircraft.

What I am finding is that building is an absolute blast and relaxing therapy after a hard days work. I almost wish I had slow built.

Each evening I go in the garage for a half hour to an hour concentrate on nothing other than sqweezing a nice rivet. Rather than increase my blood pressure with the frustration of building, I find my mood calm as all the parts fit where their supposed to go.

The RV kits are really well done. Once you get the hang of the plans, their not difficult to follow, just concentrate on one part at a time and let the days problems fall to the wayside.

You are right on the money Bugs! I cherish my time in the garage just piddling away at something. Sometimes, I slow myself down on purpose because I enjoy the building process so much. I'll have a severe case of builder withdrawl when this is done, and I'll either be a repeat offender, or build a car or something...

True therapy!:cool::cool:

Last edited:
Chad, you and I are on the same frequency as it is almost diappointing when the wife asks you what time do you want to eat since this means that the day is almost done.

My flying buddies are very impatient and do not understand our way of thinking when it comes to this project. When will I finish it???? Probably on a Tuesday..... :)

-Ron

There should be rule that a Man Cave cannot be empty for an excessive length of time!

After completing my first homebuilt and flying it for a couple years, I was really itching for another, thus the RV. My wife got smart this time around and has her eye on a an old wooden boat replica. That could be fun but the garage isn't big enough. Hummm, may need a bigger cave!

Along with all the above, I have the added benefit of building at my mom-in-law's garage. Gets me away from the wife when I need it the most. I call it 'Seven Minutes to Freedom'.

this is a picture of my cave, I even have a , er, penthouse on the second floor, I don't live here, but it sure is nice to have all the comforts of home. When I finish the rv I plan on bringing the kitfox back here and repaint and put in a new motor.

cave.JPG

Tuesday

WOW Ron I'm right behind you. I tell everybody my 9 will be done on Thursday :D

Never say which one just Thursday.

There is another way to satisfy the need

After you finish you kit and complete the test program you can try to take this good thing and make it better. The challenge is greater, the creative satisfaction is more personal and you get to keep your skills intact at a fraction of the cost of another cookie cutter production.

Bob Axsom