decathlon737

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Someone had to stay behind and paint RV 8 wings. Now that Little League baseball is finally over (coach), I can get back to work on the 8. Shouldn't be long now.

P7260002.JPG

P7260005.JPG

Bottom
P7260001.JPG"

P7260004.JPG

P2120004.JPG

Lookout Georgia sky's, RV P51 will be roaming soon.:D

Nice! I just bought my paint last night, so I'm not far behind. It looks like you did a fantastic job.

Guy

Bill,

Awesome job!! If you feel like giving some info on that wing stand/rotisserie I'm sure we'd all love to hear.

Wing Rotisserie

I've had these stands for my last 5 or 6 airplanes that I either built or restored. They telescope up or down, in or out and can be used with fuselage or wings. Also can be used for hanging racks in the paint booth for small parts. Basically are just square tubing that slides into each other with casters for mobility. I built my first plane in 1998 and won awards from many airshows with it. It was the first plane I painted but when friends saw it they have kept me pretty busy painting airplanes, got a RV 7 and a RV 9 in line now, car parts or whatever else they have. I've gotten pretty good at this self taught paint thing. Most important thing to remember when painting is "CLEANLINESS". And then learn to buff the remaining trash away:rolleyes:. Heres a photo of the stand with my Decathlon in it.

P1010005.JPG

WINGS

PB300041.JPG

PB300040.JPG

First airplane, 500 lbs. with 100 HP!

I started out with a little rocket ship. Would climb close to 3000 fpm. An awesome ride.

P3300014.JPG

P3300004.JPG