Ron Lee

Well Known Member
When I looked at the trip roster, I noticed that there were no RV-8(A) on the list. That seemed odd. Plenty of 6/7/9/10 and the token Thorp and Bonanza.

I mentioned this to someone else and they had an idea. I have several that may not be valid.

So RV-8(A) pilots....why are there none on this Bahamas trip?

Ron, dont know about the rest of them, but I still have to work for a living. Oh yeah, and give Dinah a treat every now and then.

I am just guessing that if you look at the demographics, this is a "couples" type trip (not as likely for a single pilot to go along), and my observation is that the majority of RV couples have side-by-sides.

We have both, of course, and trade off long cross-countries between the two planes....

The only reason my RV8 is not on that trip--casue I'm still building the darn thing! Someday-----

Skyking902001
RV8 QB

yea, and did you notice, most are nose gear.

Not sure what that means other than RV-x(A) pilots are more adventurous and not afraid to venture more than an hour from their home airport. :)

"Birds of a feather" : Do not know what that means so that is not a reason. Everywhere I go RV pilots are a community. So that does not explain why a tandem RV pilot would not go.

"Couples only": I came in late so maybe that was implied. I did not sense any hostility to me being there alone.

This was a great group of folks. I do not know how much notice it got before I heard of it two weeks ago. Still seems odd that no 8(A) pilots went.