Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
I'm planning on making the trip to Lubbock to fly in the Cross Country Air Race on the 11th of November. I don't have a clue how that (mph x mph) x mpg x ((useful load)/Vso) x .001 = EPR formula will plan out in application but what the heck, a cross country race with a $10 entry fee does not come along every day. This is strictly a fun event according to the flyer but it is a whole lot more fun if you win I'll bet. Anybody else going to fly the race?

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
That's it

I just got back from the airport and saw your query John. The one Sam posted is the one I am planning to go to with my wife. I'll have a few more refinements under the cowl by then I'm sure. Hope you can make it.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Last Entry List I Received

The last entry list I received had 5 planes entered:

Axsom (me) RV-6A
Benton RV-4
Berry - ?
Hogue ?
Saint - Glassair II

John Huft - RV-8 is thinking about it.

Anyone know what Berry and Hogue are flying?

The entry fee is $10 and the winner gets 65% of the pot, second get 25% and third gets 10%. There is also some social activity planned but I don't know the details. I think the organizer Cam Benton just sees a need and is doing all the organizing on his own to make it happen. We ought to be able to respond with more than 5 entries.

Bob Axsom

Dan Berry?

Is the Berry with the RV-6, Dan Berry from Longmont, CO who recently installed an IO-360. If so that is great! This guy is some kind of Mechanical Engineer ... and I mean that is the most complementary way.

Bob Axsom

West Texas 100

I was planning on bringing my semi-finished RV-4 for the West Texas 100, but I heard it was cancelled. Anyone have more information?

Tim

It has been cancelled

Cam sent out a notification a few days ago and it was noted here that the race was cancelled for lack of interest. There is another race scheduled for the same date (11-11-06) and if you look in the main section of this website for 11-3-06 it was advertized here. I think it is called the Rocket 100 and it is based in Texas.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Rocket 100

Thanks for the update. I just received an email from Cam saying the same. I hate that it was cancelled since it is right here in my backyard, but the Rocket 100 sounds like a great time. I'll see if I can work out some logistics and make a run down there.

Tim