kcameron

Well Known Member
When reassembling the alternate air box to the front of my fuel injector servo, I saw that the threads on one of the 1/4-20 bolts are bugered up. I thought it would be no problem ordering replacements from ACS but they only carry 1/4-28.

The bolts are 1/4-20 with drilled heads and 2" grip. I guess I could find some at Home Depot and drill them. They'd probably be fine since it's not a demanding application. Still, I'd rather use aircraft bolts if I can find them.

Is there even such a thing as a 1/4-20 aircraft bolt?

Thanks Guys.

I hadn't thought of McMaster Carr even though they're one of my favorite vendors. You're right about the user interface. It makes it easy to narrow down to the exact part you want. They do carry drilled-head (non-aircraft) bolts but they don't have a 2" long 1/4-20.

The GAHCO website is much more difficult to navigate. I couldn't find it on the website so I called them. They suggested the MS20074-04-24 but don't stock it.

I'm looking for the MS20074 bolt on the web but no luck so far. I'll probably end up at Home Depot.

Thanks Guys.

I hadn't thought of McMaster Carr even though they're one of my favorite vendors. You're right about the user interface. It makes it easy to narrow down to the exact part you want. They do carry drilled-head (non-aircraft) bolts but they don't have a 2" long 1/4-20.

The GAHCO website is much more difficult to navigate. I couldn't find it on the website so I called them. They suggested the MS20074-04-24 but don't stock it.

I'm looking for the MS20074 bolt on the web but no luck so far. I'll probably end up at Home Depot.

try www.coastfab.com (call them, they'll find it!)