Vlad

Well Known Member
Who has the highest time Catto prop? Mine is almost at 1,300 hours. It's been to some very aggressive environments. It's getting pretty worn but still pulling great and doesn't vibrate. I am very happy camper. 3 blade circa 2008 no leading edge protection. If Graig sees it he would buy it back :D

How many hours you have on your Catto propeller? :)

Three Grand

Who has the highest time Catto prop?]

How many hours you have on your Catto propeller? :)

Vlad,
I was fortunate enough to test the first RV specific 2 blade Catto prop. I put 1500 hours on it with many add on mods, leading edge protection tests and HySol field repairs. Before selling it to another RV4 owner in 05', Craig refinished it for free. The new owner put 450 hours on it when we last spoke in 2010'. I'm sure it is approaching Three Grand by now.
For the "hole drilling, tailwheel flying" RV builders in 98', It was a technological breakthrough as it provided durability and light weight.

Still does...:)
V/R
Smokey

Catto RV numero uno Idaho backcountry circa 99'

Last edited:
Vlad,
I was fortunate enough to test the first RV specific 2 blade Catto prop. I put 1500 hours on it with many add on mods, leading edge protection tests and HySol field repairs. Before selling it to another RV4 owner in 05', Craig refinished it for free. The new owner put 450 hours on it when we last spoke in 2010'. I'm sure it is approaching Three Grand by now.
For the "hole drilling, tailwheel flying" RV builders in 98', It was a technological breakthrough as it provided durability and light weight.

Still does...:)
V/R
Smokey

Catto RV numero uno Idaho backcountry circa 99'

3K!!! :eek: That's a lot of flying. Smokey I expected yours to be the highest but not three grand for sure. I might need refinish before I reach 2 thousand. :)

"original RV Catto - where is it now?"

I think I have Smokey's original Catto prop for RV. I purchased it from previous owner about 4 years ago and sent to Craig for refinish.

Still going strong, I have put another 400 or so hours on it. Love it.

RV-4 N144sh
Bearhawk 4 place in construction

I think Vlad may win here if we change the rules a bit - "who has the highest time Catto prop without an 'overhaul' !"

I think Craig would love to get Vlad's prop back for a little TLC :rolleyes:

Vlad won't slow down long enough for the prop to stop spinning !

Last edited:
Wow?good to hear that the Catto's go the distance! I just ordered one, and the sales people were super helpful and friendly. Going with a 70-71 two-blader for a box-stock IO-320 D1A. Nickel edges too?no expense spared! Time to completion is estimated at three months, which is a very pleasant surprise.

Don,
Im about 3 weeks ahead of you in line. I ordered the 3 blade nickel edge for my 9A O320D2A. Now all I have to do is pick the color I want the tips painted!

Vlad,

I'm betting that you could call ahead but fly out and have Craig redo it 'while you wait'.

I'm sure someone around will feed you.