N62XS

Well Known Member
Has anyone seen a site with s SPOT priced under $122 shipped? I'm ready to buy one and looking for the best price.

I have a used SPOT for sale if you are interested. I lost my job and can no longer fly GA anymore so that's why I'm selling. It works great and is in perfect condition. My service has been deactivated, however. I'm selling it for $80.00 including FedEx shipping.

If you are interested please send e-mail to bergroup "at" aol "dot" com

This is weird!

I think since it was offered to me , I should have the first right of refusal. I'll take it. This is the first time I've checked today. Sorry.

Hey Robby and Randal:

Apologies to both you and Randal. I'm afraid I opened my mouth before I verified the location of my SPOT unit. (How's that for irony.) I wasn't actively selling my SPOT until I read your post. I went down to the basement and the box that I thought I had packed the unit in was empty. (We recently had to move due to a job loss.) Bottom line is that the unit is MIA. As soon as I locate it (there's the irony again) it's yours if you are still looking.....

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Paul

Free SPOT

I spoke to the folks at the SPOT booth at SnF and asked about the free offer that they had at Airventure last year. They said it was an introductory offer just last year, not to be repeated. The link listed on this thread applied only to Airventure 2008.
Bill Near

New SPOT coming out.....

If you can hold out for an undetermined amount of time, a new SPOT unit should be coming out. I spoke to one of the reps at SnF (to discuss the terrible user interface) and asked when and if they were going to release a revised version. I was told that it should be out sometime this year, probably in Q3. The new unit should have dedicated buttons and lights for the different modes of operation. Soooo, having said all that, you may want to hold out.

Don't hold me accountable if a new one never comes out. :)

If you can hold out for an undetermined amount of time, a new SPOT unit should be coming out. I spoke to one of the reps at SnF (to discuss the terrible user interface) and asked when and if they were going to release a revised version. I was told that it should be out sometime this year, probably in Q3. The new unit should have dedicated buttons and lights for the different modes of operation. Soooo, having said all that, you may want to hold out.

Don't hold me accountable if a new one never comes out. :)

Thanks for the input Ryan. This is the kind of info I missed by not being able to travel to SNF. I am not in a hurry at all. I may call them tomorrow. Again, thanks for the heads up, but I will show "NO PITY" if it does not come out by Q3! Hahaha!