ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi folks.

A friend of mine has just bought a flying RV-6 with 4 pt seatbelts.
The seatbuckle however is made for a 5 pt harness, so he wants to buy and install the crotch strap so to have a 5 pt harness in the plane.

The seatbelts is of not the same type that Vans sells, so he couldn't buy the crotch strap from them.

My friend has sent me two closeup pics of the seatbelt buckle. Can anyone identify the type and maybe post a link to where a crotch strap can be bought?

Also: does anyone know if the crotch strap bracket kit Vans sells will fit this crotch strap? (the one you poprivet in underneath the seat bottom)

If not; where can he find a suitable crotch strap bracket?

Thanks guys.

Bumpety-bump...

Hi again folks.

Just bumping this one since no one have chimed in.

My friend had hoped for an answer on this one, and I promised him that someone here on this great forum for sure knew something about them, but no one up until now...??

Maybe I need to post another pic of the whole seatbelt?

Thanks.

If this is in Europe...

...and the plane came from Europe, try asking on an EU glider board.

They are much more likely to have 5-point harnesses.

There are multiple sources...

...for the rotary release system. You will get to spend some time web browsing...

Look at Scroth, Crow, RJS, Hooker, G Force, and Sparco. There are others also...Good luck finding the exact match.

Sabelt

The single lever rotary release looks like a Sabelt. So it could be a Sabelt, maybe before they put their name on the harnesses? Perhaps a cheap chinese knock-off of Sabelt?

904183Ez_big.jpg

GREAT!

Superb job Hans! All the same to all of you other people who has chimed inn too!

I'll send him a link to this tread and brag a little about his forum at the same time! (he didn't know about the VAF-forum before I told him)

Thanks again folks!

:)

I thought one of the main benefits of the rotary system is that you don't have a lever that can get caught on things and accidentally pulled. This NRG system seems to defeat that by adding a lever to a rotary release.

That, and the pointy lever is pointing directly at... um... "hardware" that I wouldn't really want jammed into it in the event of an accident.