RV7A Flyer

Well Known Member
Patron
Anybody know if you can get UHMW tape in *white* (not clear or semi-translucent)? If so, got a source?

TIA!

The natural color of UHMW is white, but when cut .005" thick for the tape it is translucent white.

Not sure what your use will be, but we all know that UHMW tape degrades rather quickly and can leave quite a mess.

We have 3M paint protection film that doesn't have any of those problems, and it's inexpensive. Love this stuff. Even if we didn't sell it, I'd still love this stuff and find it somewhere!

Not sure what your use will be, but we all know that UHMW tape degrades rather quickly and can leave quite a mess.

We have 3M paint protection film that doesn't have any of those problems, and it's inexpensive. Love this stuff. Even if we didn't sell it, I'd still love this stuff and find it somewhere!

That sounds like a better alternative...I'm looking for something to protect an area that gets a lot of hands put on it by passengers (who tend to wear watches, rings, etc., and I don't want my paint scratched). So it's not for anti-chafe from rubbing parts, just to protect it from unwary passengers and their accouterments.