BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Gang, I just got an email that made me pick my head up from the spread sheets I am doing on the repair estimates to Black Magic that warrant this thread.

A couple with a 6, who just might pass 1000 hours in their airplane on the trip, asked to stop by and spend the night on an upcoming east coast venture in July. They got my name, and identifier, from the White Pages.

Let's see, spend the night in The Plain Jane Motel on the Bypass for $85 a night for a bed, or share experiences and form a new friendship by offering a bed and cup of coffee and eggs in the morning at my house. I know my vote because I am in the White Pages.

I guess I may be a little overwhelmed by the response to the damage to Black Magic but I have always said "it's the people, not the airplane".

Do yourself a favor, for you and the traveler, take 5 minutes and put your name in the White Pages. It's amazing the lifelong friendships you can make across the country talking airplanes, travel, experiences over a grill and a couple hotdogs.

Put your info in there now.

BTW my identifier is i39 located in central Kentucky. Call me, I'll pick you up, or if you are just stopping by for fuel, I'll run a pizza out. 859 369-7582 859 625-2844.

Last edited:
<snip>Do yourself a favor, for you and the traveler, take 5 minutes and put your name in the White Pages. It's amazing the lifelong friendships you can make across the country talking airplanes, travel, experiences over a grill and a couple hotdogs. Put your info in there now... <snip>
I second that! "Turbo" Ed Darcy (and Kim) from Florida have been here at our California skypark home for several days, and it's been GREAT fun having them :) Our home has acted as a west coast 'homebase', and they have flown to Catalina Island, Monterrey Bay and Oceano (dunebuggy'n on Pismo beach). Another lifelong friendship in the works! Rosie

Last edited:
re: and a 3rd

Tony Kirk called on a whim about 3 years ago just to see if anyone in the area (OKC/Norman) needed a hand or just wanted to chat about RV's, while he was in town for a month for postal training.
Well, as they say, the rest is history. He's been back, in his RV6a now from Sylvania, OH, 3 times, I think. He keeps his airplane in my hanger, I give him a vehicle to drive for however long he needs it, & he helps me on the -10 in the evenings.
Friends from 1/2 way across the country. How much better can it get?:)

Marshall Alexander

To swipe a line from my friend Paul Petersen (notice he misspells his last name...),

"Buy $75g worth of parts, get a million dollars' worth of friends".

Wonderful hobby.