Mark33

Well Known Member
Hi guys, I'm looking for a little input from those of you who have had experience with Whirl Wind and M.T. props. I know that this a little bit of an open ended question/subject and that there are certain preferences and biases out there, but in general terms which one would you choose if given the choice.

Thanks
Mark

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little input from those of you who have had experience with Whirl Wind and M.T. props. I know that this a little bit of an open ended question/subject and that there are certain preferences and biases out there, but in general terms which one would you choose if given the choice.

Thanks
Mark

Whirl-Wind!!!!!!!! I have had both, and all things considered the WW is a superior product. Allan

Whirl-Wind!!!!!!!! I have had both, and all things considered the WW is a superior product. Allan
Allan,
Not to many of us have had the chance to own and operate both an MT and a WW prop, I like my MT very much and have had good service from it. The one down side I can see with MT is that mine has never gone to TBO in hours (has an 1800 hr. TBO) at 1100 hours it was leaking grease and at the calendar TBO, one blade feral was worn below limits in the O ring grove and the other feral was close so the OH was just over $4000.

So Allan, what did you see as the positives and the negatives in both props, more details please.