Weather apps...

I use several to get the full picture. I start with...
  1. Weather - this is the basic weather app that comes standard on the iPhone/iTouch. It gives a basic five day "look ahead" and temps.
  2. MyRadar - this pulls up a real-time animated radar of the entire US. You can zoom to your locale to see where the weather is heading.
  3. PilotWiz - the Weather tab can be programmed with airports that you usually care about. PilotWiz then polls those weather stations and prints all of the TAFs on one page, including a color coded display for each airport to depict VFR, MVFR, IFR or LIFR.

Tim Olson just wrote a great review of many applications that can run on either the iPhone or touch. You can find it here.

I use
iWeather - good fast maps if no wi-fi
The Weather Channel - good zoom-able color radar map
AeroWeather - fast and quick METAR and TAF for favorite airports
weathermeister mobile website

weather underground

A very nice free site is www.wundergound.com. If you want a quick view of weather at your local airport, it's excellent. Just browse to the site, enter your airport, and click "+" to add a link to your home page. One click gets you all the metar info, plus local radar and forecasts.

Don

Another vote for AeroWeather.

Weathermeister has a mobile website? Gotta check that out...

Another vote for AeroWeather.

Weathermeister has a mobile website? Gotta check that out...
They do, and it's recently been updated/ optimized to work on an iphone. Best part-it's free (if you paid for a full weathermeister subscription.)

Weathermeister

Pay for a year subscription. ($49 I think)

Customized routine routes, aircraft, areas and so much more.

You won't be sorry.

Weathermeister (Dan) supplies so much info I don't see how you could possibly want more. Make sure you hit the + button while on the site to make an app icon out of it. I placed that on my weather page. You can use the iPhone mobile site that you are directly to automatically or the full Safari web browser version.

I also use VAF weather and make another icon. Great stuff there for free also (well, included with your hopefully paid donation to Doug).