Camillo

Well Known Member
I am ready to use the Decalpro to "print" on the panel.
I was wondering which are the commonly written warning and infos and need advice on the correct english spelling (since RV's are american machines, I would like to have all writings in english).

I can imagine the following:
1) experimental warning (see Van's placard);
2) EI FT-60 warning (i.e.: only rely to primary fuel gauges to determine fuel left in tanks: I will see on EI manual);
3) something like: aerobatics forbidden (see Van's placard?);
4) alternate static air located under the panel (is this right?).

I don't think I will add typical speeds, since they are depicted on the analogic A/S indicator (and on the Dynon EFIS, too).

More inputs?

Thanks.
Camillo

I would say that you need at least what the Italian aviation authority requires and then whatever you think will help you in the cockpit .

Is "experimental " necessary in Italy ? In Canada we're not even allowed to display that if we wanted to .

Marc

Camillo,

I did the minimum on mine but I'm in the States, so that may not apply to you.

One thing I wouldn't do again is label always hot circuits for the electronics as "Keep Alive". I've had more than one new passenger comment on that label.

Prop/power limitations

For ex, Sensenich O-320 2600 rpm lim, or some Hartzell prop 'avoid operations between xxx and yyy.

If you have a flop tube in only one tank, 'acro on zzz tank'

I used DecalPro

on my panel and after a LOT of practice, the results were pretty good. On the "Experimental" disclaimer, I would just buy a commercially made one. I was never successful at making large complicated transfers with the DecalPro system, even though I tried MANY times...:eek:

YMMV

OK to just have Van's experimental placard ? love to hear Mel's response

I was planning on just going with the words from the Vans placard, which has the words that I think come directly from the AC. "PASSENGER WARNING - THIS AIRCAFT IS AMATEUR BUILT AND DOES NOT COMPLY..."

So my question for Mel is, what is truly required beyond that placard?

For example, the EFIS has the airspeed limitations (and can even do the prop limitation). Is a "no aerobatics" placard required for a -9A?

I guess I was hoping that a well done POH with a limitaions section would avoid the need for lots of other placards.

Thanks for any info,

Thank-you for your answers.
It seems that for Experimental warning, an english warning would be ok (but I will translate it).
My RV is not aerobatic, so no need for that specific fuel tank warning.
And no need for propeller/RPM warning, since it is needed only for some O-360. My engine is an O-320. No particular limitation according to Hartzell or Lycoming manuals.

I have to add that I already have a separate breakers bar under the panel which is labelled for each stuff and it also states where the e-bus stuff is.

Maybe I can add a warning just above my EFIS, in front of me, "Nose wheel is only a taxi wheel and it is not intended for take-off and landing operations. Always keep nose wheel up until it is possible". Just to remind me that this is the real problem for an -A.

And maybe a warning for "this airplane is not allowed to fly in IMC conditions or in known icing conditions". I have a heated pitot, certified engine, TSO'd instruments and TSO'd radios, including IFR GPS (430W), DME and ADF. But in Italy an experimental is not allowed to fly in IMC (and even if it would, I will never fly in such conditions). Maximum allowed is IFR VMC.

It may be not necessary to write all on the panel. But I feel myself a child while building my RV and would like to add whistles and bell... Nobody will never know that not all was necessary ;-)

HUMOUR

" This ride may cost you over $100k USD "

or

" This plane runs on fuel TANKS, not THANKS "

I like things like that on a panel. I think you have already worked out the needed warnings for your panel.

I finally decided what to write on my panel.
Could one of you please review for me the spelling?
In particular, the word "maneuver" in the acro placard should be in plural?
Thanks.
Camillo

DO NOT RELY ON FUEL FLOW INFOS TO DETERMINE FUEL LEVEL IN TANKS

ADI FEATURES
MAX +/- 45? BANK ANGLE DISPLAYED (NO TURN RATE)
TRUE TRACK DISPLAYED (NO MAGNETIC)
PITCH ATTITUDE IS FOLLOWED BY VERTICAL SPEED

LIMITATIONS
NO AEROBATIC OR ABRUPT MANEUVER ALLOWED
NO IMC AND/OR NIGHT FLIGHTS ALLOWED

ALTERNATE STATIC AIR SOURCE LOCATED UNDER THE PANEL (PULL BLUE STRIP)

MANOEUVRE

MANOEUVRE (in the Queen's English)

NO AEROBATIC OR ABRUPT MANOEUVRES ALLOWED

Last edited:
My take

A couple more suggested edits

DO NOT RELY ON FUEL FLOW INFO TO DETERMINE FUEL LEVEL IN TANKS

ADI FEATURES
MAX +/- 45? BANK ANGLE DISPLAYED (NOT TURN RATE)
TRUE TRACK DISPLAYED (NOT MAGNETIC)

Probably ought to drop the 'S' in 'INFOS' too

Either:
DO NOT RELY ON FUEL FLOW INFO TO DETERMINE FUEL LEVEL IN TANKS
or maybe even better:
DO NOT RELY ON FUEL FLOW DATA TO DETERMINE FUEL LEVEL IN TANKS

Thanks

Ok! This is the last updated version:

DO NOT RELY ON FUEL FLOW DATA TO DETERMINE FUEL LEVEL IN TANKS

ADI FEATURES
MAX +/- 45? BANK ANGLE DISPLAYED (NOT TURN RATE)
TRUE TRACK DISPLAYED (NOT MAGNETIC)

LIMITATIONS
NO AEROBATIC OR ABRUPT MANOEUVERS ALLOWED
NO IMC AND/OR NIGHT FLIGHTS ALLOWED

ALTERNATE STATIC AIR SOURCE LOCATED UNDER THE PANEL (PULL BLUE STRIP)