aarvig

Well Known Member
I can't find anything worth reading on the internet about whether The King School's videos or the Sporty's videos are better for passing the written and checkride. I am planning on taking the written soon and need a good review of everything. What are your opinions?

I've said it a number of times in various places; we've been doing a lot of FAA training, two instrument tickets and a commercial, around my house recently. I really like the King product.

Knowledge Test PPL

Aaron,

The ASA Test Prep for Private Pilot is a must review for the ?ground school? test. It cost about $11.00.

But, IMO make sure you know the subject material first. This book, like the King material, will teach you to pass the test but will not teach you the material you need to know to be a safe pilot.

How to Ace the test

If you're willing to put in the study time, you can Ace any FAA test (and most other government tests) if you use this proven study method.

1. All the test questions and answers are published. Get a set of questions & answers (I got mine from Jepp for PP, Inst & Comm. I also used the Jepp books.)

2. Go through EVERY question. If you get it wrong (or if you got it right by guessing), review the right answer and make sure you understand WHY it is the right answer.

3. Repeat #2

4. The list of wrong answers on from #3 should be shorter then the first time you did it.

5. Keep going through the questions you get wrong until can get them right. The list will get shorter every time you do it.

6. If you're shooting for 100% - go through every question one last time.

7. When you take the test for real, there will be no surprises. You will definitely ace it.

King

I have used the king products for over 20 years, so I like them.
One thing I really like, over the years, is I can trade in a older course
and get some credit towards a new updated course. For example, I turned in
a Beta max tape (better than VHS) on a newer DVD course, no problem.
Seems to me they have Oshkosh specials too....and that is right around the
corner, if you need another reason to go! :D

Sporty's

I have the Jeppesen texts, used the Sporty's online practice tests and study guide. Got 93 so I can't complain.

Study any of the systems hard and you'll do fine.

Also, if you have an iPhone, get the FAA test Prep app. Quick study breaks any time you've got time to kill.

ff