Bavafa

Well Known Member
Its was only six months ago that I finished building and started flying and it looks like I already need a set of tires. My original (Vans supplied) has lasted me about 125 hours and maybe around the same number of landings. A quick search, shows overwhelming recommendation for Desser retread but they have a few different ones and was wondering if any is a better fit/use for RV7A and also do I need to change my inner tube and if so, which one to go with.

Here are some choices available and I would rather not to have to change my wheel pants if I can help it. I believe, I would have to open my wheel pants about an inch with Monster retread but not positive it that is true.

500-5 6 PLY RETREAD ELITE PREMIUM 2 GROOVE
$61.95

500-5 6 PLY HIGH PERFORMANCE RETREAD
$44.00

500-5 10 PLY MONSTER RETREAD
$64.95

Again, thanks in advance for the help.

Mehrdad
RV-7A

Re: Whcih tire and do I need a new tube?

Right off the bat you do not want a 10 ply tire, it will roll like solid rubber. Either one of the other two, your choice and price. I personally use the 4 ply tires, the no leak tubes, and I do not plan on changing the tubes at the next tire change. Changing tubes with each tire change is a debatable subject, some say do change others say don't. There is a good article on this subject on the Sacramento Skyranch web site. Hope this helps, Dan.

Its was only six months ago that I finished building and started flying and it looks like I already need a set of tires. My original (Vans supplied) has lasted me about 125 hours and maybe around the same number of landings. A quick search, shows overwhelming recommendation for Desser retread but they have a few different ones and was wondering if any is a better fit/use for RV7A and also do I need to change my inner tube and if so, which one to go with.

Here are some choices available and I would rather not to have to change my wheel pants if I can help it. I believe, I would have to open my wheel pants about an inch with Monster retread but not positive it that is true.

500-5 6 PLY RETREAD ELITE PREMIUM 2 GROOVE
$61.95

500-5 6 PLY HIGH PERFORMANCE RETREAD
$44.00

500-5 10 PLY MONSTER RETREAD
$64.95

Again, thanks in advance for the help.

Mehrdad
RV-7A

Hey not sure if you still need tires, as this is a old post. But I'm going to reply to your post anyways, so in the future you will know which tires to get.

If you're flying a RV-7A

I would recommend the 11/400-5 8 Ply for your nosewheel Aero Classic Tire for $39.95 .

And for your main tires;

500-5 6 Ply Elite Retread
with our leakguard tube

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me, or PM me!