Turbofan

Just cleaned slosh in 1991 rv4, pulled off entire rear bulkheads, MEK and soda blasted clean. I'm not the builder, but which rivets do I use to fasten rear bulkhead on? Looks like plans call for AN426AD3-3.5, but I wasn't planning on bucking these, besides, how could you unless I cut out access holes. Builder used blind rivets....any info?
Thanks, Tom

sealed blind rivets

Vans sells sealed blind rivets for that job. I think the part number you want is AD-42, but call them to verify.

Last edited:
Rivets

The rivets going through the z-brackets, baffle and into the ribs are blind. The rivets along the skin to baffle are the AN426AD3-3.5.
Unless the builder installed the baffle inside out but as you mention, there's no way to buck them.

I just did the exact same thing on my '91 RV-4 tanks. I re-sealed every rib and stiffener along with sealing all the rivets. I bought new rear baffles and the above mentioned sealed AN4-4 countersunk rivets for the flanges from VANS. For the rivets along the backside, you can use regular blind rivets and seal the heads. No leaks on the flange or back rivets. You may find that if the fuel senders are original, they may need to be replaced. Mine were trashed.

Thanks ACAM....
Did you proseal, wait, then rivet, if so how long?

Or did you proseal and immediately rivet?