shiney

Well Known Member
I'm at the stage where I need to make the engine order, my engine of choice has always been the Superior IO-360 as there is a Superior dealership here in the UK, so guarantees and service are taken care of. However, I have recently read a number of disgruntled postings on forums about Superiors service and delivery times etc which concerns me. An alternative is Mattituk who appear to be rated very high by people who have had dealings with them and I have no doubt that their product is an excellent one. My problem with Mattituk is that they do not have a service centre here in the UK so if anything should go wrong during guarantee period I would have to ship it back to the US, what do you guys think about the two options?

Martin

Unless there is a major, major problem with the engine, any warranty service can be handled locally and you send us a copy of the bill and we will reimburse you. If the entire engine needed disassembly, for warranty service, it would have to come back to Mattituck but if anything short of that happened, it could be handled locally with reimbursement.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I found Superior to be a great vendor.

I found Superior to be a great vendor. We assembled the engine ourselves from their $20k kit and it started on the first spin and ran great.

When there is a question, Superior answers my inquiries quickly & thoroughly. I found their kit to be first class & complete.

In fact, during one of their recall issues, THEY called ME to let me know my engine was NOT affected.

In retrospect, I've learned that most Superior engines will burn non ethanol auto gas so the choice is wider than I originally thought.

Barry

superior

have been happy with superior, too. their lead time was no problem for me, and they have always responded quickly to inquiries (be it phone or email) - and I've made many.