sblack

Well Known Member
I am going to be doing a lot of flared tubing ends. What is a good quality flaring tool that won't break the bank?

Thanks

Flare tool

I bought the Rigid RFT-37. Price is about $130. Others may be found that are cheaper but this one works great. The clutch is a bit too tight for aluminum tubing so I stop short of the clutch tripping. Maybe someday I'll find out how to adjust it.

Hey Scott,

I've owned the Ridgid, Imperial 400/402, and the Parker Rolo-flair. In my opinion the Rolo-flair is the best.

The Ridgid does a great job on the inside of the flare, but scores the outside and upper flare surface. The Imperial makes beautiful flares but is expensive and can be awkward. The Parker makes nice flares inside and out and is pretty well designed.

David

I've used various Rigid, Imperial and Parker tools and all do a great job. If you are flaring steel or stainless, spend the money and get a good tool. If you are flaring Van's supplied 3003 Versatube, even my Harbor Freight cheapie does fine. Just make sure you buy the 37 degree tool as opposed to the 45 degree.

another vote for the RFT-37. I flare alot of .035 wall stainless, and it is great.
Like Larry said, care with aluminum is needed until you get used to it.
Tom

Flaring Tool

Parker Rolo-Flair.

Used it to build an RV9A, Rotorway Exec Helicopter, Helicycle Helicopter. Great piece of gear that will last you a lifetime.

Keith
RV9A
N355RV