SeanB

Well Known Member
Hello!
I’m in the final stages of installing my Smoke System Helper system. I have a Vetterman crossover exhaust and am trying to determine which two cylinders I should install the injectors. Engine is Aerosport IO-375. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

I ran both lines down the left side to #2 and #4. That puts smoke out each exhaust pipe.

Need all the cylinders to make good smoke. IF you only use one side (2-cylinders) on a cross over system, you get PUFFS of smoke.

It doesn't matter where in the pipe you put them. I had mine about 6" from the end of both pipes. (End being the open end of the exhaust just in front of the firewall.)

I am the guy with smoke on the far right hand side of this photo.

35-ship_35-years.jpg

Instructions say #1 and #4

...if you have a Vetterman crossover exhaust. I put the injectors just downstream of EGT probe location as instructed. Others have had good results installing the injectors much farther downstream. The Vetterman Exhaust slip-joints do leak a little so one could avoid this by installing the injectors downstream of the slip-joints.
The slip-joint leakage results in a little smoke oil to be wiped out of my lower cowling. Not a big problem.