tectweaker

Well Known Member
I am thinking of installing an alternator in my 3. It did not have an electrical system because of weight reasons when it was built and is currently equipped with a battery and starter.

I am thinking to add a small EFIS; Remote Transponder and Radio to it.

I am currently strongly leaning towards the B&C SD-8. It is pretty small but I am not planning to run much out of it and will be mostly using it for day VFR.

Any other options should I consider? Anybody selling one? Any ideas would be great.

Also; I have seen specials from B&C in the past. Any coupons and specials that I can use to get one.

SD-8

My RV-4 uses the SD-8, it's a good solution for a day VFR RV, it's also very reliable, never have to mess with it, it just works!

For the very light electrical load you describe, I think that would be an excellent choice. I have the B&C 20 amp in mine for a backup, but that's going to be overkill for you.

I'm pretty sure that's what Andy Hill is using in his RV-3B, with a starter, battery and EFIS. He probably has a comm radio and a transponder but I don't remember off hand.

Dave