jongurley

Hey guys, I'm looking a D2 pocket panel and was wondering were is the cheapest place for one. I heard somebody was offering a rebate on one??? atleast thats what I thought i heard. But anyway any help would be appreciated thanks.

thoughts?

I researched it awhile back and they all seemed to be in the same ballpark price-wise. Not to hijack the thread, but in line with it, anyone got any feedback on the unit? Have you used one before Jon?
Thanks,
Patrick

No i haven't Johnny, we are in the process of buying stuff for our panel on our RV7a, and were using two 10" dynon skyviews and want the D2 as a backup in between them since its a standalone unit.

So one quick note on using the D2 as a back-up: The D2 was primarily designed with the portable usage in mind, so that pilots of certified aircraft and especially renters can bring it with them into aircraft that aren't very well-equipped. The thing it gives up over the permanently-mounted EFIS-D6 or EFIS-D10A is actual airspeed, pneumatic altitude, and magnetic heading. The EFIS-D6 / D10A can show you those beause it has the requisite pitot and static connections and magnetometer. With the D2, the speed, altitude, and direction are GPS-derived. Useful information, for sure, but if you don't need the portability of the D1 or D2 you'll get a bit more utility in a homebuilt out of a EFIS-D6 or D10A.

As for "does it work well" - I'm obviously biased, but if you haven't seen the Pocket Panel feature pages, some of the reviews featured there might help.

We had a rebate on the D1 for a while, but lowered its price permanently when we came out with the D2. There are no rebates or sales going on at the moment. The D2 is priced at $1425.

Michael Schofield
Marketing Manager
Dynon Avionics