MikeinPhoenix

Well Known Member
Patron
I’m installing a G3X system in my existing 9A and will have a GTR 20 Garmin remote comm to mount. Looking behind the panel, there doesn’t seem to be a good location, but not sure. Hoping to get some advise from others who have successfully mounted a Garmin remote comm in a 9A.

Many thanks, Mike

Tray

I put mine on a drop down tray between the main panel and the panel behind the main panel. I’m a 7A. Slider

Attachments

• D0AF9BF2-A0AA-4207-BEC4-21ED1ED803FD.jpg
    D0AF9BF2-A0AA-4207-BEC4-21ED1ED803FD.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Mine is mounted behind the baggage bulkhead. Opposite the ELT 3 years so far so good. I had no room up front since my fuse blocks are on drop down trays. This would take quite a bit more wire as that radio has a pretty good bundle going to it

Mine's hanging under the upper fwd ribs above the rudder cross tubes. One end is mounted with nutplates to a lower rib flange and the other side is mounted with nutplates into a piece of angle riveted to the the rib.

This is on a -7 with a slider canopy.

Attachments

• IMG_6762.jpg
    IMG_6762.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 131
similar

Mine's hanging under the upper fwd ribs above the rudder cross tubes. One end is mounted with nutplates to a lower rib flange and the other side is mounted with nutplates into a piece of angle riveted to the the rib.

This is on a -7 with a slider canopy.

I did similar, but only used 4 of the 6 screws.

Best place to remote mount GTR 20

All, many thanks for the input and especially the pictures. Some really good options to make it work in a really tight place. I was initially going to mount it behind the baggage compartment, but Stein discouraged that option so we’ll work on another option.

Thanks again, Mike